Thursday, October 31, 2013

Pitzer Dining Hall Changing me for the Healthier! (kind of)















Natasha Cheng- Hong Kong

A home cooked meal is always the best but when you are 7,500 miles away from home, it's not exactly easy to get access to. The Pitzer Dining Hall and all the other dining halls have really delicious food but sometimes, you know, I just need rice. Sometimes in desperation, I turn to soy sauce and rice but I really try to stay out of it. It was hard to adapt and accept the fact that I don't have access to rice for lunch and dinner everyday. Rice has been such a big part of my life. I definitely had a separation anxiety with rice when I first got to America. Not being able to have comfort food has pushed me to explore all the other tasty foods out there. I learned to appreciate salads especially the balsamic vinaigrette at the Pitzer Dining Hall. YUMMM!!!! Like most kids, I am a picky eater, I hated veggies, I don't eat raw food either. That's why I'd never thought that this day would come that I would crave salad. What? Don't feel guilty though if you are think I'm a healthy person, I always top my salad off with some french fries. Don't even get me started with the french fries at Pitzer... It's heavenly! I don't know what they put in there but it's irresistible! Ahhh! Speaking of fries, it's time for me to go eat some fries. Peace.



No comments: